My Promise to You
I believe in keeping your data, including all our conversations online and in person, private.
I promise that I will never sell your data or share it with organisations not directly associated with our professional relationship.
I promise you have the right to turn off cookies and it will not impact how I work with you.
I promise to keep your rights:
- To tell you what information we keep about you
- To give you all your personal data that we store
- To complete or correct information we hold about you
- I will uphold your right to be forgotten
- I will restrict processing of your data if you ask
- You can ask for your information to be transferred to another organisation for free, without prejudice, and in a format that is commonly used;
- You have the right to complain to a regulatory or judicial body about how Emmy McCarthy Consulting processes your data
- You have the right not to be subject to direct marketing and profiling.
I promise I will only keep your data as long as it is necessary to be able to provide you a good service in the medium future.
I promise to inform you if there has been a data breach.
I promise to inform you if the company processes – including introducing new technologies – are changing and the change process poses a high risk to your data security.
I promise to inform you of changes to this policy.
I promise you can ask me questions about this policy without it impacting how I work with you. If you have any questions email email@example.com
Emmy McCarthy Consulting is committed to safeguarding the privacy of website visitors and service users.
This policy outlines how we process your personal data.
Your rights under European data protection law (GDPR) are:
- The right to information; we will provide you information we store about you in a clear and transparent way.
- The right to access; we will provide you a copy of your data free of charge upon request. This will not impact the services we offer you. You have the right to know how we process your data and what data we store.
- The right to rectification; we will amend incorrect data or complete data where there are gaps if you provide us with additional information.
- The right to erasure; you have the right to ask for data to be deleted by withdrawing consent for consent-based processing, if storing data is no longer necessary.
- The right to restrict processing to only that which you consider essential.
- The right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- You have the right to object to your personal data being used for research purposes.
- The right to data portability; You have the right to request that your data be transferred to another party in an easily transferable format.
- The right to complain to a legal or regulatory body about how we process your data
- The right to withdraw consent. If we process your data because of consent [such as subscribing to “Notes for the Curious”] you have the right to withdraw your consent.
- You have the right to complain to a legal or regulatory body about how Emmy McCarthy Consulting processes your data.
Cookies and Tracking Technology
Technologies such as cookies are used by emmymccarthy.com or our service providers. These may be used in analysing trends, administering the website, tracking user movements around the website and to gather demographic information. We may use services (such as Quill Engage and Google Analytics) to analyse this information.
Providing Your Personal Data to Others
Emmy McCarthy Consulting may disclose your personal data to professional advisers, such as for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
Emmy McCarthy Consulting may disclose your personal data to Virtual Assistants insofar as reasonably necessary for the business to run smoothly. Any Virtual Assistant hired will be GDPR compliant and a Non-Disclosure Agreement will be signed.
Financial transactions may be handled by our payment service providers. We will share transaction data with our payment service providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments.
Emmy McCarthy Consulting may disclose your personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation.
International Hosting of Your Personal Data
www.emmymccarthy.com is a SquareSpace website, which has hosting facilities outside of Europe, in the USA. It is compliant with the EU-US Privacy Shield, which has been accepted as adequate for the GDPR.
Other online tools Emmy McCarthy uses has hosting facilities outside of Europe, to the best of the company’s knowledge these tools are GDPR compliant.
Keeping Your Personal Data
Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary.
We will retain your personal data for a minimum period of two years and a maximum period of seven years after our last communication.
We may also retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation.
We will notify you if we think there has been a data breach that could lead to identity theft or a risk to your (business) reputation.
Change to Processes
If a change to our processes – including a change in the technologies we use – is planned we will perform a risk assessment. If there is a high risk to your data security, we will inform you before we make the change.
Exclusions to the Policy
These rights do not apply if there is a conflicting legal obligation or if the application of the right would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
Changes to this Policy
We may update this policy. If we do a new version will be published on the website. Changes will be prominently placed on the website and a notification of the change will be included in “Notes for the Curious”, Emmy McCarthy’s newsletter, as well as emailed to clients.